The places I go

The more that you read, the more things you will know.

The more that you learn, the more places you'll go. -Dr. Seuss

Friday, January 13, 2006

Risking Everything

I finished Risking Everything, a wonderful collection of poetry.

Unlike Roger Housden's other collections, this book doesn't feature any essays or commentary. As I was reading, I made note of the poems that I particularly enjoyed (with links to the ones I could find):

Shoveling Snow with Buddha, Billy Collins
People Like Us, Tasting Heaven, Robert Bly
My Dead Friends, Marie Howe
Sweet Darkness, David Whyte
anything or anyone that does not bring you alive
is too small for you.

The Journey, Mary Oliver
To Have without Holding, Marge Piercy
Breath, Kabir
O My Friends, Mirabai
Thank You, My Fate, Anna Swir
The Dove Descending, TS Eliot
Prayer is an Egg, Rumi
hatch out the total helplessness inside

Perfect Joy, Chuang Tzu

1 Comments:

  • At 9:09 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Santa left Billy Collins's "Nine Horses" in my stocking. He has a new one out (can't quite remember the name -- something about the state of poetry). Love his stuff.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home