The places I go

The more that you read, the more things you will know.

The more that you learn, the more places you'll go. -Dr. Seuss

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

The Five People You Meet in Heaven



I picked this up while subbing in an English classroom last week. It seems to be on all the high school reading lists, so I thought I should check it out.

I never read Tuesdays With Morrie. I occasionally read Mitch Albom's column, and I appreciate his writing style.

So am I a bad person if I say I didn't like this much?

It was a quick read, and it presented some good ideas about life and death...but mostly, I found it shmaltzy, simplistic and manipulative. If you've read this, I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:58 AM, Blogger Erinna said…

    There was a guy I met online a few years ago...must have been when this first came out...who had this listed as his favorite book. Ack.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home