The places I go

The more that you read, the more things you will know.

The more that you learn, the more places you'll go. -Dr. Seuss

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Slightly Engaged



I really, really like Wendy (Markham) Corsi Staub.

I really, really liked both Slightly Single and Slightly Settled.

I really, really wanted to like Slightly Engaged.

I think it's cute that Tracey Spadolini is clearly a version of Wendy, and I've really enjoyed following her story.

So why was I so disappointed in the story of Tracey's impending engagement?

It's possible that I've simply outgrown her...when I read the first two installments, I was a little bit younger. It's been a while since we've heard from Tracey, and in the years between books, I've gotten older. She hasn't.

I found it hard to identify with 26-year-old Tracey's desperation to be engaged, although I am fully aware that I'd have been right there with her five years ago. Except for the fact that Tracey was living with her guy, I *was* her. Only mine didn't get down on one knee and propose endearingly in the pouring rain. Boo hoo.

Anyway, I don't know. I just know that this didn't grab me the way the others did.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home