The places I go

The more that you read, the more things you will know.

The more that you learn, the more places you'll go. -Dr. Seuss

Monday, March 20, 2006

Stargirl



Last week, I finished Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli. This is one of those YA novels that I wonder whether teachers love it and kids hate it. Because I adored it. I finished it while I was supervising an art class that didn’t really require my supervision. It was all I could do to hold back my big, huge, ugly tears...I kept it to a few discreet ones that I was able to wipe away quickly. This is a book that I would like to own and reread over and over again.

The message, quite simply, is that one person really can change the world...or at least her little part of it.

*sob*

1 Comments:

  • At 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I read it at my classroom desk one day after school last year. I really liked it a lot, too :).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home