The places I go

The more that you read, the more things you will know.

The more that you learn, the more places you'll go. -Dr. Seuss

Monday, February 27, 2006

Happy me

I just bought a used copy of The Girl With the Silver Eyes, a book that I simply adored when I was a kid. I read and re-read it many, many times.

For anyone not familiar, it's about a girl with telekinetic powers who feels like a freak because she's different from everyone else. She finds some other kids like her, and they figure out how they got to be the way they are.

I was obsessed with this kind of stuff. Stories about kids with weird powers, ESP, time/space travel, magical worlds. I wanted so badly for it to be REAL.

Anyway...I'm pretty sure my original copy of this book still exists in my parents' attic somewhere, but it's in a pretty bad way.

So very soon, this will be mine:



Yay! :)

4 Comments:

  • At 7:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I assume you've read "The Chrysalids" before? Same type of themes and it was my favorite science fiction novel as a kid (along with "A Wrinkle In Time").

     
  • At 8:12 AM, Blogger Erinna said…

    No, I'm not familiar with the Chrysalids. I'll have to go looking for it. :)

    A Wrinkle in Time is my most favorite book ever!

     
  • At 8:12 AM, Blogger Erinna said…

    Oh, and the author is Willo Davis Roberts.

     
  • At 8:37 AM, Blogger annabel lee said…

    Oooh, I loved The Girl with the Silver Eyes. And I like all of Lois Duncan. And you can't say enough good things about A Wrinkle in Time. Apparently I need to look for The Chrysalids.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home