The places I go

The more that you read, the more things you will know.

The more that you learn, the more places you'll go. -Dr. Seuss

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Busy reading weekend



This was completely adorable...a YA romance based on "A Midsummer Night's Dream." It's told primarily through best friends Hermia and Helena's e-mails, instant messages and diary entries. The characters' voices were completely distinct, realistic and believable. I almost didn't want it to end. I'd reccommend this to anyone who likes Shakespeare, romance, or movies like 10 Things I Hate About You. ;)



I stayed up too late last night finishing this one. I LOVED it. I loved Emma's voice. I loved Emma's friends, and I loved Michelle Cunnah's writing style. I actually cried a little at the end, even though it turned out pretty much the way I expected it to.

When it comes to chick lit, I really don't mind a predictable ending as long as I enjoy the ride. And I completely, thoroughly enjoyed the ride. :)

2 Comments:

  • At 7:58 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I named "32AA" the best chick lit book of 2003. I loved it, obviously! There's even a pullquote from my review on the author's web site.

     
  • At 8:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love this book, too, and am thrilled to have an autographed copy. Don't forget there's a sequel, Call Waiting!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home