The places I go

The more that you read, the more things you will know.

The more that you learn, the more places you'll go. -Dr. Seuss

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Inkheart



(note, book photos are now LINKS! except for Girl w/Silver Eyes in post below.)

So apparently, Debbie read this book, mentioned it to Rand, and Rand checked it out of his library and brought it to me. I started it over the weekend, opted not to bring it with me to school yesterday (as it is rather thick), but LO! There were several copies in the classroom where I was teaching. I picked one up, found my place, and proceeded to finish it.

I think what I liked best about this book is that it is literally about the magic of books. Each chapter started with an epigraph (is that the right word?) from a well-known work of literature. They included some of my favorite books...Lord of the Rings, Chronicles of Narnia, The Princess Bride...

I understand that Inkheart is the first of a trilogy, so I'll be looking forward to the rest of the story!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home