The places I go

The more that you read, the more things you will know.

The more that you learn, the more places you'll go. -Dr. Seuss

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Carpe Demon



I cannot believe how fast I burned through this one. I absolutely loved it and am looking forward to the release of the second installment, California Demon. It's a little bit Buffy (all grown up, of course) with a bit of Catholicism thrown in. (Kate was apparently an orphan who grew up in the Vatican. It was the Church's Forza that trained her to be a Hunter.) Kate was supposed to be retired, but finds that she can't escape her destiny. ;)

This also had a bit of a mystery/thriller feel to it.

I'm also going to check out some of author Julie Kenner's other work. (ooh! she has a blog, too!

2 Comments:

  • At 1:57 PM, Blogger Erinna said…

    No, I haven't...I'll have to check him out!

     
  • At 10:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hmm, maybe I should give this another read. I loved See Jane Date and enjoyed Pushing 30, too, but my take on this one was vastly different from yours. I thought it was predictable and a bit tedious, and the "twist" was telegraphed loud and clear, too early in the novel for my taste. Maybe it just couldn't live up to the hype, though... I love Buffy and had wanted so much to like this book...

    Rebecca, a ChickLit reader and writer

     

Post a Comment

<< Home