The places I go

The more that you read, the more things you will know.

The more that you learn, the more places you'll go. -Dr. Seuss

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Sexy



This was very good, although I didn't find it quite as compelling as Big Mouth and Ugly Girl. In addition to not being quite as into the story and not really liking the ending, I really noticed what Rand refers to as "her thing"--said thing being sentences that go on for whole pages. I didn't notice it so much before...so was it that there was more of it in this book, or did I just notice it more because it was called to my attention?

Anyway, this is definitely one to go on a list of good recent YA fiction, along with titles like Speak, The Lovely Bones, and Monster.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The lovely bones is not classified as a YA book.

    While it may seem as simple as "Speak" You will not find it in the YA section of any bookstore or amazon.com.

     
  • At 4:44 AM, Blogger Erinna said…

    Okay, would it help if I clarified by saying "of interest to young adult readers"? My 8th graders last year loved it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home