The places I go

The more that you read, the more things you will know.

The more that you learn, the more places you'll go. -Dr. Seuss

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Bridge to Terabithia



Yeah, this is another one of those "picked it up while I was subbing" books. I never read this one as a kid, but I do remember it being a favorite of my ex-boyfriend's.

I read the review (at amazon) from the 8th grader, and I always wonder about these...does his attitude represent that of most kids, or is he (or she) just a particularly unimaginative kid who hates to read? Hm. Anyway.

I didn't love it. I didn't dislike it either. It was sad.

I did like that the kids referenced Narnia when they were building their imaginary kingdom. I thought one of the best moments was when Leslie went to church with Jess's family and remarked on the similarity between the Jesus story and Aslan. (Leslie's family didn't go to church, so she wasn't familiar with the story when she read the Narnia books.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home